Limits of Biomagnetic Therapy:
The practitioner will have different back grounds, ranging from sales staff to medical professionals.
Always ask what training they had before you consult with someone.
Its effects can be reduced & or reversed if you drink alchohol.
The positive field can not be used in first aid.
(when not to use magnets)
1. Strong magnets (over 1,000 gauss) must be kept away from people with
pacemakers and electrical implants!
2. During pregnancy do not use on or near abdomen (rats grew too large for
natural birth with positive pole exposure).
3. Do not place magnets near a transdermal drug delivery system (may alter
delivery rate of the patch).
4. Do not use positive pole next to your head (may trigger seizure).
5. Do not use positive pole in first aid (will stimulate bleeding).
6. Do not use positive pole for longer than 30 minutes due to stress response.
7. Do not use magnetic bed 24 hours a day (negative pole may suppress adrenal function).
8. Wait 60-90 minutes after eating before applying magnets to abdomen to assure peristalsis occurs (negative pole may slow down muscle action).
9. Do not use negative pole during asthma attack (may constrict muscles).
1. Always inform your medical doctor about alternative therapies you are using.
2. Keep magnets 6 feet from: magnetic data storage items such as music tapes, video tapes, computer software, credit cards, bank cards and televisions, computers, watches, etc.
3. Keep magnets 15 feet from: flight instrumentation on aircraft.
4. Industrial labeling of magnetic poles is different than biomagnetic labeling. Negative and positive relates to electrons and doesnt mean bad or good.
5. Magnets can snap together and pinch fingers.
6. Place and remove magnets slowly. Some people can feel when a magnet is within 2 inches of their acute injury site. It has been described as a pulling sensation. Also, it has been reported as a cooling sensation. On the other hand, some people feel nothing at all.
7. Levels of medications need to be monitored as they may become more effective especially when using the overall body treatment.
8. Do not position magnets in between body parts like legs because the positive field will enter the opposite leg. Spread out to prevent this overflow. Also watch out for this problem under the arms.
9. Weak magnets can become reoriented with stronger magnets.
10. Magnets can lose strength when dropped or heated.
11. Magnets can gain strength when placed next to stronger magnets.
Biomagnetic Therapy Association www.biomagnetic.org
PO Box 394, Lyons CO 80540
phone # (303) 823-0307
It is impossible to list all of the benefits, indications, contraindications, and precautions involved in research. Therefore, this list is not to be considered complete due to the nature of research.